The steel mill is made of:
- scrap area made up of scrapped machined coils (blast furnace steel) with very few impurities plus internally scrapped material;
- a 35 tons capacity arc melting furnace ;
- a ladle furnace for refining;
- a degassing unit with a VOD unit able to produce low carbon content stainless steel;
- ingots of different shapes and sizes are poured at the source and vary in weight from 18 to 40 tons.
The relatively small size of the steel mill allows Metalcam a greater flexibility and a high quality steel production with lower costs.